Monday, September 5, 2011

poems by ross vassilev

under attack

the afternoon
of 9/11 I realized
the world
will not end
with a whimper

but with a huge
monstrous
cunt-busting

BANG!

some Air Force
pilot was recorded
saying,

“I think the Russians
snuck one by us.”

FUCKING GENIUS!

with minds like that
America will always
be OK.

then I realized
now they’ve got
their excuse to
invade one
country after
another.

the carnage
had only begun.





rolling thunder

ask me if I support the troops
and the honest answer is
no.

what matters most to me right now
is white butterflies

the patriots can go off to Iraq
or Afghanistan and get themselves
killed if they want. I couldn’t
care less--

bin Laden never did anything
to me

(when you look at things my way
nothing really matters.)

I’d rather think of red roses
and Joely Richardson dancing
nude and buxom in
Lady Chatterley
as it starts to rain outside.





chop my head off and stick on a pole

roaming the hot streets
praying for rain
if you’re like me--
beat down by uncontrollable
unknowable forces
then you need to find something useful
to waste your days with
like playing guitar
exposing yourself to Girl Scouts
or shooting people just to impress Jodie Foster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment